Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 13-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #51
goldcook
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchabullosa View Post
My platinum endlis:

sweeeet.. seem very well kept, nice.. but i bet they are just the opener, please show us ur monster
Old 13-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #52
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andre View Post
Your endi has very nice and thick stripes
Nice photography skills too
thanks bro, one of my lucky findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsupdoc View Post
Bro Evo, what lighting are you using for your tank?

The pics u took are really very well captured.
my normal lighting is 2x55watt PL.. during photoshoot usually will add another 2ft 15watt FL for extra lighting.. pictures taken using a550 + 50mm/f1.8.
Old 14-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #53
JuanStun

evo how do you keep ur gravel clean man. my bichirs poop a hell lot and the wavemaker isn't really helping to 'blow' the poop towards the filter

Old 14-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #54
blondmyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanStun View Post
naaah it isn't! it's just a whitish endlish with normal markings
but still, very nice. where to find these whitish endis? love their colour.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #55
Edmundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanStun View Post
naaah it isn't! it's just a whitish endlish with normal markings
There maybe a chance of morphing............. yesterday i flip through a Jap Mag (Fish Magazine) in 2007 featuring Endis, some one of the pic featuring a Endi starting to morph into white color.........

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Old 14-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #56
Ornate Bichir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
There maybe a chance of morphing............. yesterday i flip through a Jap Mag (Fish Magazine) in 2007 featuring Endis, some one of the pic featuring a Endi starting to morph into white color.........
Platinum bichirs are "platinum" due to a condition called "leucism", which comes at birth where the animal, or bichir in this case, has a reduction in ALL skin pigments, resulting in the whitish color. Bichirs don't just morph into "platinum" and the one you see in the Fish Magazine is probably just another endli which has gone through White-Tank-Treatment. Just to let you know

Last edited by Ornate Bichir; 14-09-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Old 14-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #57
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

platinum endi looks damn nice and cool.. same goes to the price.
Old 14-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #58
Edmundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornate Bichir View Post
Platinum bichirs are "platinum" due to a condition called "leucism", which comes at birth where the animal, or bichir in this case, has a reduction in ALL skin pigments, resulting in the whitish color. Bichirs don't just morph into "platinum" and the one you see in the Fish Magazine is probably just another endli which has gone through White-Tank-Treatment. Just to let you know
probably the Jap magazine did photoshop? like i mention in one of my thread, if endy can be WTT, i suggest one dun waste time WTT XBs, just go ahead n WTT endy can liao, less den S$20 can sell 1-2k, margin so high (hope this can make some common senses to you).......nonetheless i do agree with you on the color pigment portion and no doubt of it. On the other hand, i also belief that there are some chance of Endy morphing not at the age of birth, if tat seller import the endy i bought recently as what it is at birth, i doubt i can get it at such cheap price...... just my 2 cents

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Old 14-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #59
fastlee84

hi bros,

is this normal...? bought my bichirs(lap & del) a month ago at about 4-5''. when i bought this fellas, there are no breathing gills on their heads.. but recently i noticed the breathing gills begin to appear on their heads. from wat i know when bichirs r small, they tend to have this gill which will eventually disappear. but mine its the other way round. can any bro advice... thnks

Old 14-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #60
Ornate Bichir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
probably the Jap magazine did photoshop? like i mention in one of my thread, if endy can be WTT, i suggest one dun waste time WTT XBs, just go ahead n WTT endy can liao, less den S$20 can sell 1-2k, margin so high (hope this can make some common senses to you).......nonetheless i do agree with you on the color pigment portion and no doubt of it. On the other hand, i also belief that there are some chance of Endy morphing not at the age of birth, if tat seller import the endy i bought recently as what it is at birth, i doubt i can get it at such cheap price...... just my 2 cents

I highly doubt a big magazine like the Jap magazine you mentioned photoshopped. In Japan, everything is about credibility and a company that photoshops for its pics can't survive in the market... WTTing XBs has permanent effects that benefits the XBs but THIS DOES NOT APPLY FOR ENDLIS. WTT effects on endli fades as soon as it is placed in a black tank or tank with dark substrate and it does have some(very faint) patterns even during WTT. I remember posting a thread on a endli which has gone through WTT and here it is: http://arofanatics.com/forums/showth...080&highlight= To clear any misconceptions, why don't you post some pics of the magazine which you saw the morph endli from?

Closed Thread